THere really was water everywhere...even the garbage had water in it.
I thought I should post a little about how I managed without Trent. Well, I thought I did pretty good but now looking back on it, I don't know how I survived. Lane kept me pretty busy. Amongst the typical teasing of siblings, making messes, and the relentless mission of "Search and Destroy" here are a few things that happened and some pics.




Me....well I think I am doing okay. I am playing on the Med Group volleyball team which is a blast when the kids allow me to play and I will brag a little. I got my cholesterol checked and feel pretty good...it was awesome. I guess my working out and all these raw and living foods are actually doing something for me. Hey, I have to have some hobbies to keep me going in this remote place. I will start working in May after our vacation at a Convenience Clinic 2 half days a week. Sometime this summer we will be moving just across base as they will be knocking our old house down and we will get to move into a new one...Hooray for a dishwasher and a two car garage.
-He pooped and peed all over basement (while a family was over for dinner)
-Broke open a box of mac and cheese...sprinkled cheese all over basement and then him and his friend hid behind the couch to eat the noodles after dumping them on floor
-Knocked out screen in bedroom window and threw clothes, toys, blankets, towels out onto front porch (their bedroom is on second floor)
-Broke open second box of mac and cheese and poured out on basement floor (this time he cried for an hour before he realized I was serious about him having to pick up every noodle by himself)
-Lane and friend (while hosting a dinner) got out zout, shout, ant/roach cleaner, goo gone, fabric softener, and simply green cleaners and sprayed them all over basement and each other...they were both drenched in cleaning supplies from spraying each other.
-Knocked out second screen from other bedroom window and climbed out onto roof
-Broke open tub of pink frosting from food storage and hid in basement to eat it with his hand
-Dumped out cup of applesauce on couch and splattered it around
How is this kid still alive? Well, he does get in my bed every morning and snuggle with me and give me eskimo kisses(rubbing noses). Brayden described him best when he said, "Lane is just like curious George." He hit that nail on the head. He is just curious and busy and it always ends in trouble. And the fact that he just doesn't think in a 'Cause and Effect' kind of way.
Brayden tends to cope with daddy being gone in a different way. He doesn't cause trouble but just decides not to do anything you ask him to. A different kind of coping but equally infuriating.
Here's a pic so he doesn't feel left out. (They love to look at the blog too)In fact, right now Brayden is pouting and giving Trent a speech because we won't let him have a bowl of Cheerios for lunch. He just said, "I am not letting any one have Cheerios EVER again!! (yelling of course)" Then Lane just told Trent, "Brayden has a really bad attitude." Funny!
Amelia, she is still my little angel but has recently found her voice box. When she wants something...usually food, there is a lot of very loud screaming. Her personality is starting to show and I think she will be another strong-willed and stubborn child but still in the adorable phase so she gets away with it.
Gotta love the melting snow
Here she is signing "more"
Me....well I think I am doing okay. I am playing on the Med Group volleyball team which is a blast when the kids allow me to play and I will brag a little. I got my cholesterol checked and feel pretty good...it was awesome. I guess my working out and all these raw and living foods are actually doing something for me. Hey, I have to have some hobbies to keep me going in this remote place. I will start working in May after our vacation at a Convenience Clinic 2 half days a week. Sometime this summer we will be moving just across base as they will be knocking our old house down and we will get to move into a new one...Hooray for a dishwasher and a two car garage.
There is a good ending....TRENT IS HOME and we will go on vacation in a week. We are off to Disneyland and Denver for a much needed get-a-way.
Enjoy your vacation and I hope you will be stopping here and we can see you. Also, it was funny when I saw the title to your post. My brother Lane's blog is called A Day in the Life of Lane.
ReplyDeleteVery cute post. Your Lane is dangerously crazy! (I have a friend in TX whose little boy pushed the screens out of their 2nd story windows all the time. Her neigbors would call her and notify her of the clothes messes outside their house...FUNNY!) We would love to see you when you are in CO. We are free any morning except Thursday (gymnastics), all day Tuesdays, and on MWF after preschool at 330pm. Have fun at Disneyland. Our kids LOVED it and I'm planning a trip back next Spring. I can't wait!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that I could witness some of those events. Good to hear that Trent made it home safely.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your vacation, I REALLY am :) See you soon.
Jordan has been in the curious stage too and causing a lot of trouble but nothing like Lane. I can't believe some of the things he did. Think of all the stuff he is giving you to laugh about years from now. So happy that Trent is back. You definitely need a vacation.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you survived! And that Trent is home safe! I can't believe all that stuff Lane does!! Crazy. He is curious george :) love it. Maybe someday he will have a little boy just like him and it will be sweet justice :) You have cute kiddos. I hope you are coming for Girl's weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh! Karie! I'm glad you survived! I can only imagine the frustration with having a Tazmanian Devil on your hands 24-7. Our kids really act up too when they don't see their dad for a while. It sort of presses the point of the importance of having both parents being in the home.Anyway, have fun on your vacation and hopefully the time with Trent will simmer the boys down a bit.
ReplyDeleteOh My Gosh!!! Seriously what kind of family would come over and let you cook them dinner (which was very good btw) when you had so much going on! The whole clothes out the window thing is seriously one of the funniest things I have ever heard! Way to go Lane!
ReplyDeleteMy hat is off to you Karie. I do not know how you do it. WOW.....you are super mom for having your kids still alive ;) Glad Trent is home and you get to go on vacation.
ReplyDeleteKarie!! You have the cutest and funniest family! I am so glad that Trent is home! You made it!! Garrett and I are here in Denver for the month of April. How long are you going to be in Denver?? I would love to get together with you while you're here! Talk to you later!!
ReplyDeleteKarie long time no write. Holy cow I have to laugh my head off reading these things only because it is not my child. I am so glad to see that someone that I know has it all together (you) has a child like that. It makes me think that I am not the only one who has one and maybe there is hope in knowing it isn't all my fault. Paige is so much like that. She is absolutly naughty and crazy head strong. I feel for you so much when Trent is gone. Dave has had to leave too and I hate it when he is gone. It is so hard to keep it all together. You sound like you are doing well. I am so jealous that you are going to disneyland. We are going in the fall. We need to have another trip sometime.
ReplyDeleteYou totally have your hands full. Loved reading all of the naughty things Lane does. It is always funnier when it is someone else's kid.
ReplyDeleteshe is just a little chris! She is so cute
ReplyDelete