Trent took the boys fishing with some of our friends last weekend. The Shelton curse continues as none of them caught anything, but the Stucki's made out pretty good.
Yikes...look at those mosquito bites. Mosquitoes are awful here. This is actually on a few days later.
Now for the sad news. There have been two deaths at church and the most recent was memorial weekend when a 20 month old girl who's family was moving. While loading the truck, the neighbor backed out over her. She died shortly after. One of her five year old twin sisters saw it and will probably need therapy. I do singing time at primary and the kids, not parents, actually came and I could barely hold myself together because everytime I looked at their 6 yr old son who was crying, I about lost it.

Besides all the emotion, I was helping with dinners and refreshments, writing the obituary, and in charge of the singing part of the program for the memorial service. We held a last minute practice to get the primary kids ready to sing all three verses of "I Lived in Heaven" and all in all, it turned out okay. Brayden had his preschool fieldtrip to the zoo and then Trent was in charge of the scout camp fundraiser this week where they serve a big spaghetti dinner and then everyone brings refreshments to auction off. This meant, I was in charge since Trent's work has not been so friendly this week. I made my raw apple pie for the auction and it sold for about 50 bucks. They ended up raising about 1000 bucks. We donated 50 bucks for some cream puffs and brownies but it was a good time.
I don't mind being busy, infact I prefer it, but this week was hardest because of my dear, sweet Lane. Okay, so maybe he isn't so sweet all the time. He has been giving me a rough time at church, during singing time and Sunday School class, and then this week with the babysitters. I won't be working long if this continues. Anyway, long story short, I think God has a lesson for me to learn and if I don't figure it out soon, I will have a mental breakdown.
Today, is a FREE day if there is such a thing. I have nothing scheduled, the kids are napping and the quiet is so nice every now and then. Tonight we get to plant our garden. We bought a garden plot here on base, (yes, they actually sell garden plots), and we have a good 20x20 plot for a little garden. Ought to be interesting.
Last night Lane wrecked on his bike after our big spaghetti dinner...I wasn't home yet and the kids SHOULD have been going to bed, but I am not pointing any fingers. Not the best pic but it's on the inside of the lip that looks pretty nasty; however, this is nothing for Lane.
Left over pics from denver.
Cute pictures of your family. Sounds like you sure stay busy! Sorry to hear about the sad news. That same thing happened to our neighbor in Idaho and the boy died....but his mom backed out over him at a neighbor's house. It was awful. Glad your family is doing well. Lane is like Henry. Always has boy scabs/bruises. They are tough though, right?
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your friends... so sad :( your kids are so cute. Hope life can maintain a a good pace for you not too busy but not boring :)
ReplyDeleteWell life is busy for you. I feel the same way. I am never getting the things done that I want to do. That is so horrible about the little girl. I hate hearing stuff like that. Sometimes life is so unfair. Can't wait to see ya next month.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...your life is BUSY!! I loved seeing all of the pictures. (Your friends caught one BIG fish!) Hope Lane's lip is looking better...ow!!! I was sick when I read about your friends that lost a child. It makes you realize just how fragile life is! Thanks for visiting us when you were in Colorado. You are an amazing family. XOXOXOX
ReplyDeleteyou guys look like your having a grand time!
ReplyDelete