Well, thanks for all the kind words everyone. Trent has been gone 13 days and we are half way there. He will return on the 23rd and then leave again the 28th for a week...come home for two weeks, and then gone 2 more. I hope it goes by quickly. I feel like I have done okay so far but have had my fair share of battles. The short recap of this time goes like this...The day after Trent left the basement flooded. I have kept the boys well entertained the best I can with having friends over, going to the gym, reading, and letting them bounce around my house like little tiggers. Around Day 6ish, Lane started to act out. He melted down in Primary bigtime with a huge tantrum (that hasn't happened for a few months). You can tell he misses daddy. He has been in constant trouble regardless of the attention I try and give him. If he is not teasing his siblings, he is destroying something which involves scissors, knives, glue, markers or poop. Also, this week would include poison (Comet), toothpaste, mouthwash. He is lucky to still be alive. Last night, I had some friends over for dinner and I went to check on Lane knowing that he can't be left unsupervised, and he had pulled his pants down and pooped in about five places in the basement. I threw away a tractor, puzzle and soccer ball. This morning I bleached the basement for the second time since Trent's been gone.
Today brought new adventures. I lucked out this morning because it was my neighbor's turn to teach Joyschool and Brayden was at Preschool so I got the morning with just Amelia. It was quiet and I got a good run in; however, now a little tired. Dinnertime came and the kids were asking for a treat. Ofcourse I said, No...we are going to eat dinner now. Lane then says, "Mom, we don't like you...we only like dad". Brayden then chimes in with the same. I decided to ignore it and let it go but then they wouldn't stop saying it so I sent them to their room and told them they still had to be nice and respect their mother. I hear them coming down the stairs and called, "Go back to your room til I come talk to you" and I hear Lane say to Brayden, "She never lets us do anything...We HATE her." Yes I was sad, but a little funny knowing that Lane is trying to be so grown up. Anyway, a tired mom means we get to do more reading and so we had a Reading party...this involves blankets, popcorn and books.
Oh...the joys of motherhood. It has been supercold again (-30) but I am excited for the next week. It is supposed to get into the 30s and maybe even 40s so we will be able to go to the park or something. Yippee. Amelia is great and finally signing. We aren't that persistent with her but she's doing the signs for more, please, milk, and fish. It never gets old...she is so cute and still so snuggly.
Brayden got his first homework assignment and I have never seen a kid so excited. He LOVES school. He only has preschool 2 mornings a week but he is so ready for kindergarden. He is almost reading...thanks dad for that cool reading game you gave me with all those little pieces.
Lane is Lane...Gosh, that kid is so hard but I still can't resist his smile and the funny things he says.
Trent, I hope this is adequate update but not making you homesick. We all really miss you and hopefully we will be able to talk soon without the chaos and so many interuptions. Love you.
14 years ago
Oh man Karie! What a week! Your poor thing.... It's so hard when they are gone. Adam has only been gone two days and Kyler got upset and bawled over practically nothing and I asked him "what's wrong" and he blurts out, I miss Daddy! It is amazing how much it messes with their world. Hang in there.... I am so afraid of when Kyler will tell me he hates me... I know it will come someday. I just hope I can handle it ok and have the perspective you did. I will be thinking about you. You are amazing!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey girl, check my blog because I nominated you for an award!
ReplyDelete