Wednesday, March 4, 2009

To Karie:




This is Trent. As most of you know I am currently in Baltimore doing some training for the air force. It goes without saying this is not the first time that I have been away from my family. I'm not saying it is as bad as some, but it is never fun. Tonight I just wanted to write a little bit about Karie and what an amazing person she is. This is only picture I have of her on my computer and I especially like it becasue of her socks with her sandals and she is showing off her sexy legs. Anyway, it is hard to know where to start when trying to describe Karie. The first word I will have to start with is Tough-this has not been an easy move,but Karie has taken everything in stride. I think my work took both of us by surprise as I leave before it is light and get home after it is dark, most nights just in time to say good night to the kids after Karie has done all the work. Then with some nights and weekends not there at all because of my young mens calling. The cold, snow, and wind go without saying, but having to keep the kids inside all the time wears on anybody. Karie continues to be a great mom. Sitting on the floor and playing with the kids, reading books, making cookies and bread, and caring more about the kids then her worldly possessions. That would be great if that was all she did but of course she goes above and beyond by starting up Joy school for Lane and the neighbor, always babysitting others, taking meals to people, and shoveling the driveway. With all this she is starting to work a few hours per week to keep up her skills. I also have to add that she runs the house and whatever that entails, making sure bills are paid, emergency preparedness is up to date, and basically makes sure we don't go hungry. Which is way over my head. But the thing that amazes me the most is how she supports me and makes sure I feel like I am #1. I seriously would go crazy if I was not able to "vent" or just talk to Karie about work and everything that is going on. With all her other stuff that is going on, I know in a heart beat she would drop everthing if I needed her to, which has occured several times since being here. I seriously could go on forever. I think the biggest thing I wanted to portray is with all that Karie is able to do and does, she knows what is important, she puts her faith and family first and that keeps our family safe and happy no matter what is going on around us. This is not the most elegant entry, but I just want to make sure Karie knows, along with everyone else how proud, grateful, and lucky I feel to be married to her. Love you!

6 comments:

  1. Wow hon...didn't see that coming. That was a great pick-up after a rocky start to your first week gone. Basement is back to normal and today has been a great day.
    I love you. -Pety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh! so sweet Trent! Karie you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and soooo true. In the short time I knew you at Ricks I was hoping you'd find a man who would appreciate all this about you. You found a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the crap Trent? Celeste just read this. Way to make the rest of us look bad. Keep this stuff private from now on! Good work Karie. And never forget "You gots to tell the people".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh, how sweet. I need to have Scott read this. Karie, keep up the great work. I'll try harder to be like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second the awesomeness that is karie! I just want to say that was a fantastic dinner last night Karie. thanks so much it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete