Monday, June 22, 2009

Ode to Dad

I don't think it is possible to top what they all did on Mother's day, but I think Father's day turned out to be a pretty good day. The kids get super excited to do anything that is a surprise or when a present is involved. We started with Trent's new found favorite breakfast--that is saying a lot because he never really eats breakfast. Hot Cracked wheat cereal...and a smoothie. Then we put together a collage of pictures from when we went out to the runway to see the bombers. The boys drew their own version and then we put it together with some of these pics.


Then off to church. I am the music leader in primary and when we went up to sing the Father's Day songs during Sacrament, Lane decided to run around and explore the stage during the first song. It was getting out of hand so Trent had to go up and get him, but at least they enjoyed the second song from the pew. Then all the men were served pie after church. And for dinner we made fejawata, however is it spelled...it is a Brazilian meal that is basically spiced up black beans and rice. Turned out good though.
Then out for a bike ride and we made homemade ice cream when we got back. It was a fun day. I love the days when Trent gets to be home...and so do the boys. Nice slippers Trent.


This picture was too good to pass up. I love it.

Trent found these roses last week and I think they are so beautiful. Just had to throw them on to remember by.



2 comments:

  1. The watermelon picture is seriously cute!!! Fun post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fav part was "nice slippers Trent" I can just hear you saying that :) cute post!

    ReplyDelete