14 years ago
Monday, July 27, 2009
HELO RIDE
I've been trying for a year to get up with the helicopters stationed here. Finally, I worked it out. It was a night flight so we used night vision goggles and with them we were able to see the northern lights. It was pretty cool. Then they hoovered at about 50 feet and lowered me down on a hoist. Dropped me off, flew around a little bit and came back and brought me back up on the hoist. We did that a couple of times. It was a lot of fun. I can fly with them whenever I want, but it has just been hard to find the time. I've flown in the B-52 quite a bit but I think they are tired of cleaning up the puke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey!! just got a blog and i was wondering if you could add me to your list!!
ReplyDeleteSo that sounds like sooooo much fun! I am so jealous!
ReplyDelete