Friday, December 31, 2010

Just in the nick of time

I have a couple hours to spare, but I got the year end blog posted in time. Okay, so the tubing should actually be later since we went the day of Christmas Eve, but oh well. It was a crazy month, and year I guess, but it looks like we have had a lot of fun.


Tubing in Bottineau, ND

Trent...still a kid at heart.

Chris and Brayden
Dallin and Lane

Miss Amelia

Cori and Lane

Karie and Amelia

Brayden and Lane's Piano Recital
Brayden played Joy to the World and Bells are Ringing
Lane played Jingle Bells

Amelia turns 3!!!
We celebrated with a family birthday party and a rice crispy treat cake.

All princess of course, thanks to some donations from a family friend.
Then we had a princess play date with a few friends.
We painted nails,

read a princess story,

opened a princess present,


and enjoyed a princess (Snow White) cake and tea party.


She's a fun girl... Happy Birthday Sweetsie!
Now, if we could just get her potty-trained....

Santa's Helicopter Fly-in



Lots of B-52 Landings while we were waiting

Brayden is 7 years old!!! He is a great kid. He had a birthday breakfast...french toast, bacon, and orange Julius. We went bowling as a family and he got a bike, a new Wii game, and some card games from Grandma Webb and $7 from Grandma and Grandpa Shelton. It was his first five dollar bill which I think he was the most excited about. He got shafted though when we went out for ice cream at Dairy Queen (at his request)...they were closed.
We still owe him ice cream.

You might say I was a slacker this Christmas...I didn't do goodie plates, or send out mass Christmas cards. I wasn't thinking that my family would be here for Christmas so I procrastinated getting my house tidied up for them. At least I did most of my Christmas shopping throughout the year so it was a little easier on the checkbook (love the military yard sales cause people are always moving and getting rid of good stuff)...until my husband got involved anyway. I was consumed with putting our ward Sunday Christmas program together, but other than that, it was low-key and a fun time.

Christmas morning, before the chaos.

So happy
I love my daddy!
Thank you family for entertaining the kiddos. They love you and had a great time.

Savanna decided Grandpa is OK:)
Colleen (Coco) building Legos with Lane
Dad and Brayden...looks tedious.

Chris and Mom
(I still want my Africa shirt)
So cute...Grandpa, Amelia, and friends!
Dallin...learning from the best.
Building Gingerbread Houses


Lane got a medical set so now he can use his own instruments to "doctor" us.


Savanna started crawling the day after Christmas!!! She was just over 9 months old.
Perfect timing...right after we took the tree out.
What a way to end the year. Savanna has the GI bug...possibly the rotavirus. She's been puking and diarrhea for the past 3 days and refuses to nurse so I am feeding her with a syringe. Trent just delivered a baby out in Rugby, and I am trying to shovel snow in -20 degree weather that the plow just piled onto the end of our driveway. Luckily, the kids have still been happily entertained by their Christmas gifts.
I'd like to make a book from this blog and this seems like the most logical place to end it. Look for an email to invite you to view our new private blog at the beginning of January. We have had an eventful yet fantastic year. We thank God for His guiding hand in our lives and for all He has blessed us with. It has been a great journey and we look forward to all our upcoming adventures.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Looks like a fun holiday for you guys :) Merry Christmas and Happy new year. I printed a blog book a while back with blog 2 print. It was SOOOO easy! You can't alter it a bunch but you can pick the cover and I just wanted to print it off and be done. I think for the 3 years we were in residency I paid a little over 100 to print a hard cover book. But I chose the longer format so the pictures would go with the text better. Anyway I loved it and if you have any questions let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great Christmas and sledding time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to host a bday party for me so I can have a pretty cake like that. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete